Funerals & Cremation
A personal remembrance
Celebrating life is the cornerstone of healing.
Celebrating life is the cornerstone of healing.
We look forward to helping you decide how to honor the unique individual you've lost. Whether you chose burial or cremation, together we will create a service as unique as the life, lived.
Let us guide you
Losing a loved one is one is difficult. Let us help ease the burden with a service as unique as your loved one.
You Need Us
Why funerals are essential to healing.
Bringing family together.
Coming together with friends and family gives everyone the opportunity to share memories, express emotions, and find comforting support. Whether you choose burial or cremation, the need for acknowledgement of the loss with family and friends is ever present. Together we can create a unique meaningful ceremony to express the genuine individuality of your loved one.
A place for family & friends to gather.
When selecting burial, the ceremonies you design revolve around the casket being present. Traditions may be followed, with a viewing, and then a funeral service in the chapel. Or you could choose to have a more relaxed memorial service. We’re here to help you to arrive at the perfect way to gather together, prior to your loved one's interment.
Cremation doesn't limit their life celebration.
Cremation refers solely to the manner in which you or your loved one has chosen to deal with the physical remains. It doesn’t limit the ways you can honor your loved one's life. We heartily suggest that you have a funeral or memorial service, because your need for such a healing experience is not lessened by the decision to be cremated.
Traditional. Profound. Healing.
We can help you design a meaningful and healing committal service to take place at the graveside. These services can take place outdoors or even inside a mausoleum. We'll guide you through the process of personalizing both the service and the site in multiple ways.
What Families Are Saying
My son-in-law and I have nothing but praise for the staff here. they were very helpful in everything that needed to be done for my daughter/his wife. Thank you again for making everything as easy as it could be during our time of sorrow.Karen Lockamy 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thank you and the staff for all that you did to make or day, the way we wanted it to be🙏🙏🙏 Sincerely, Tammy JamiesonTammy Jamieson 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I just want to say thank you to Matt. You went above and beyond to help our family, in our time of grief. Thank you so very much for making it possible for us to see our Brother, he meant the world to us. I think you saw that in us. So I’m very grateful that you made that happen for us. Sincerely, Tammy JamiesonTammy Jamieson 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Prompt, empathetic, efficient service with the same people each time. Especially with challenges such as getting the doctor to sign off on the death certificate. Most memorable was the willingness to hunt down the delinquent Dr. B.Laurie N. 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
We have attended several funerals/viewings here for residents who have passed, and have been very impressed with the facility, the kindness and professional courtesy of the staff, and the presentation of the services. We hear from our families that Steverson Hamlin & Hilbish makes things as easy for them as possible during a difficult time.Osprey L. 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Steverson Hamlin & Hilbish are truly caring and compassionate. Any questions I had were thoroughly answered. The viewing, and care/preparation were excellent. This is somewhere I would highly recommend.Sharon B 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The possibilities are endless.
We invite you to explore the many unique ways to celebrate and honor life. Whether you choose burial or cremation, having a service to honor life, and a permanent place to visit remains, are essential parts of the healing process.
Comfort in Tradition.
Together Is Better.
No Place Like Home.
How Would You Like To Be Honored?
A Sporting Celebration.
Keepsakes and Heirlooms.
The Game Goes On.
Take The Stage.
Into The Deep.
Reach for the Stars.
From Ordinary To Extraordinary, We Have You Covered.
Since every life is unique, we will work with you to plan a personalized tribute that truly honors and celebrates the life lived. Let our funeral professionals help you decide what services are right for you.
A funeral home and cemetery like no other.
Founded in 1959 in Lake County, we began with a mission to celebrate life and serve families.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The funeral is a ceremony of proven worth and value for those who mourn. It provides an opportunity for the survivors and others who share in the loss to express their love, respect and grief. It permits facing openly and realistically the crisis that death may present. Through the funeral, the bereaved take that first step towards emotional adjustment to their loss.
- Absolutely, in fact, we recommend it. After all, the funeral is a celebration of life. Funeral directors are happy to discuss all options and ensure your funeral is tailored to your wishes. It may be personalized in many unique ways. Contact us at (469) 925-1436 to explore the possibilities.
- There are many reasons to view the deceased. It is part of many cultural and ethnic traditions, and many grief specialists believe that viewing aids the grief process, by helping the bereaved recognize the reality of death. Viewing is even encouraged for children, as long as it is their desire to do so, and the process is explained well.
- Yes! Holding services is an important element of the healing process, and choosing cremation doesn't limit the ways in which you can celebrate life. You can even still have a visitation/viewing with the body present if you chose cremation. These services are encouraged to help give family friends a sense of closure during the grief and healing process.
- We have our own crematory here onsite so your loved one remains in our care.
Get Your Free Planning Guide
Get started today by requesting your Free Planning Guide.
Thank you for requesting our Preplanning Guide.
An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again.
Steps to Making Arrangements
We understand the gravity of loss, and we want you to know you aren't alone.